The ultimate bulletproof, time-tested, and quality-proven list of awesome Hive resources that you have always wanted to have but were afraid to ask for.
Now you have a chance.
Here is the link:
### First thoughts
I know what your first thought was:
> _“Hey, this is not a complete list.”_
Not yet. But it can be close to that.
### DIY (or die trying)
All you need to do is to add an entry that you think is missing.
It’s not possible for one person to create a perfect list, but with a little bit of help from everyone, we can make it very close to perfect.
### Contribution Guidelines
I’ve used a “generic” [CONTRIBUTING.md](https://github.com/openhive-network/awesome-hive/blob/master/CONTRIBUTING.md) file that is common for similar projects:
Please ensure your pull request adheres to the following guidelines:
- Search previous suggestions before making a new one, as yours may be a duplicate.
- Suggested packages should be tested and documented.
- Make an individual pull request for each suggestion.
- Use the following format: `[PACKAGE](LINK) - DESCRIPTION.`
- New categories, or improvements to the existing categorization are welcome.
- Keep descriptions short and simple, but descriptive.
- End all descriptions with a full stop/period.
- Check your spelling and grammar.
- Make sure your text editor is set to remove trailing whitespace.
Thank you for your suggestions!
Awesome Hive is licensed under the Creative Commons Zero v1.0 Universal
> The Creative Commons CC0 Public Domain Dedication waives copyright interest in a work you've created and dedicates it to the world-wide public domain. Use CC0 to opt out of copyright entirely and ensure your work has the widest reach. As with the Unlicense and typical software licenses, CC0 disclaims warranties. CC0 is very similar to the Unlicense.
### The Idea, other alternatives
The idea of Awesome Hive was inspired by https://github.com/sindresorhus/awesome and I was recently reminded of it by @missagora.
Shortly after that, I found out that @good-karma had already come up with the same idea.
Not a problem though, we’ll just merge our awesome efforts.
#### Why GitHub?
- Because similar lists are already there.
- [Awesome Python](https://github.com/vinta/awesome-python)
- [Awesome Bitcoin](https://github.com/igorbarinov/awesome-bitcoin)
- Because it’s quick and simple.
- Because it will go into the Arctic Vault. (Which is literally COOL!)
#### Why not a dedicated website?
Well, we used to have a Hive Projects site, which was great and open source, but its data were centralized and therefore not immune from becoming consigned to the dustbin of the Internet.
For the Awesome Hive list to be decentralized, all you need to do is to click the “fork” button.
Let's make sure that Awesome Hive will be good enough before the next snapshot for the [Arctic Code Valut](https://github.blog/2020-07-16-github-archive-program-the-journey-of-the-worlds-open-source-code-to-the-arctic).
Oh, and if you don’t have a GitHub account, you can just follow the guidelines above, but instead of posting your suggestions on GitHub, write them in the comments below.
#### The perfect solution (not here yet)
Moderated community, on-chain entries, open source dApp to gather and present data.
(+ the ability to dump those entries to GitHub Awesome Hive List as a backwards compatibility feature ;-) )
50% beneficiary goes to @good-karma, the creator of the older instance: https://github.com/ledgerconnect/awesome-hive
(We would love to see it added to the Awesome list of Awesome lists.)